Huskers for Higher Education is a volunteer organization of Nebraska citizens and alumni from across the country united in their desire to move the University of Nebraska-Lincoln forward. If you believe a stronger university means a stronger Nebraska, we invite you to volunteer for HHE.
Who can volunteer?
Nebraska residents or alumni from out-of-state who understand the importance of higher education to the state's future. Volunteers must have a current email address. Volunteer now »
How do volunteers help?
- Be provided with clear, concise and result-oriented information about how policy and legislation will impact the university, the state and our future leaders, the students of UNL.
- Be active during the legislative or election cycle.
- Be asked to contact your state senator and others to share this information through calls to action.
- Decide if you agree with the bill or issue and how you wish to proceed.
You will not:
- Be lobbying for the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
- Be told how to vote on issues.
We’ve compiled some resources that might be helpful to you as you consider being an HHE volunteer.
Does HHE really impact UNL's success?
Yes! HHE has contributed to legislative approval for several upgrades to campus buildings, as well as the construction of new ones (most recently, the new Jorgensen Hall, home of the physics program). Plus, a united constituent base can be quite persuasive.
How do I volunteer?
Sign up online. Just click here!
Are you already a volunteer?
Thank you for your ongoing commitment to your university! Please take a moment to review the following resources:
Just want more information? Direct your questions about HHE to the Andy Washburn at email@example.com.