Alumni and fans are invited to participate in UNL's 2014 Homecoming, “Celebrating 125 Years of Nebraska Football." Alumni activities planned for Friday, Sept. 26, are free and open to the public:
- One-hour campus tours leave from the Wick Alumni Center and run at 9 a.m., 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. Pre-registration by Sept. 25 is required; call 1-888-353-1874.
- The NAA will host Football Friday from 5-6:30 p.m. at the Railyard, just southeast of Pinnacle Bank Arena. Enjoy appearances by Johnny Rodgers and the NU Spirit Squad, plus games, prizes, music and more.
- The Wick Alumni Center’s Holling Garden (16th and R streets) will be open to alumni and friends looking for a spot to view the Homecoming parade (organized by UNL’s Freshman Campus Leadership Associates group).
- Following the parade, the Homecoming pep rally and jester competition takes place just north of the Nebraska Union on UNL’s city campus (1400 R St.)
- If you can’t make it to an event, please stop by the Wick Alumni Center for a free cup of coffee!
The week concludes when the
Nebraska football team hosts Illinois in the Huskers’ Big Ten Conference
opener on September 27. GO BIG RED!
View photos from previous Homecoming Celebrations!
2013 Photos »
2012 Photos »
2011 Photos »